Autumn is just about the right season to:
- Light candles
- Finally all the cuddly sweaters, scarves, jackets and socks that we’ve missed over the summer
- Reading on the couch with a blanket while on the stove a deliciously spicy curry is bubbling away, which is just the right mix of good food for us and Warm Soulfood is
And when I’m talking about curry, I mean
- Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and fresh baby spinach simmering in velvety coconut-tomato sauce
- Big in flavor with neat curry powder and cumin
- Thick and filling and like a big, warm hug
- Finished in a pot in 30 minutes
- Wiede heatable, perfect as a Meal Prep secret weapon for stressful days
If you like fast, comforting soulfood recipes with lots of flavor AND good for us ingredients, this is sweet potato Chickpea Curry with Spinach for you!
Allrighty, this curry. For me it really is the perfect fall recipe.
First of all there would be color and texture. I mean, I do not want to wholeheartedly lick you with my Foodie OMG I love dear love the creaminess of this curries thought . But can we all be grateful for the fact that a very smart lady (certainly) invented curry and we can go all out with it all autumn and winter?
The Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry is so wonderfully velvety with coconut milk and chopped tomatoes, you can not imagine it. In addition the sweet potato orange and bright, fresh spinach green. Haaaach. As you can tell, I feel good when eating a nice meal.
But this recipe does not just look damn good. Nope, it’s too damn simple. And most of all we love the combination, is not it?
Simple sweet potato and chickpea curry – Here’s how it works
It all starts when you nibble onion and knobi for a few minutes with some olive oil in a large pot. Then add all the remaining ingredients (!) And let the curry simmer for 15 – 20 minutes to a fantastic creamy perfection. Season again, add rice and your dinner is ready.
When autumn means cuddly curry + lots of vegetables + steaming rice, I’m so ready!
Ok, let me summarize the merits of this recipe for you.
The Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry is:
- Wonderfully creamy.
- Spicy and warm.
- Packed with sweet potato cubes, chickpeas and fresh spinach.
- The perfect 30-minute dinner.
You tried this recipe? Then let me know! Comment, rate and do not forget to tag your photo on Instagram with #kochkarussell . Thank you, dear ones!
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry with Spinach
The sweet potato and chickpea curry with spinach is simple, cuddly and perfect for the fall!
Countries & Regions:
Portions : 3 Portions
calories per serving : 429 kcal
approx. 250 g
Baby Leaf Spinach
- salt, pepper and chili flakes
- rice for serving
[ 19459001] Peel sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Peel garlic and onion and finely chop.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add sweet potato, spices, chopped tomatoes, chopped peas and coconut milk. Stir well, then simmer for about 15 minutes over medium heat until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Stir in the spinach and let it collapse briefly. Then season with salt, pepper and chili to taste. To enjoy rice.