Friends, I have a crush! Fall in love with this super simple, juicy banana bread without sugar . ♡
Let’s be honest: Who can resist decadent banana-style, thick banana bread slices with a decent pinch of cinnamon, which will be wonderfully nutty due to valuable Urdinkel? Just! And best of all, we only need a bowl and 15 minutes preparation time ! With a fork for breaking the bananas and a whisk to stir the dough, there is nothing in the way of the most delicious banana bread.
So, let’s get this party started!
There are a few things that I particularly love about this banana bread.
1. The ingredients. I bet most of you already have it in the pantry! We need eggs, honey, cinnamon, baking powder, olive oil and milk regularly anyway. We treat ourselves to a little vanilla extract (you get in the baked goods department) and Urdinkel, a grandiose ancient crop. We use precious spelled flour and spelled flakes for this recipe.
2. The preparation. For the deliciously juicy banana bread, simply crush the bananas, stir in oil and honey in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Put it in a baking dish, put it in the oven and you’re done.
3. The flexibility. If a recipe is flexible, then this one. You’re fond of walnuts, pecans or raisins? No problem. You would rather have a good dose of chocolate drops? Always in it! Just make sure that the baking time can possibly extend by a few minutes.
I summarize again: For this bombastic banana bread you only need a few good ingredients, 1 bowl and 15 minutes time!
But before you go back to baking, let’s talk about the magic ingredient in this recipe. Have you ever heard of Urdinkel ? These are basically the ancestors of our today’s spelled, which has some pretty great benefits.
1. Wonderfully nutty, full of flavor.
2. High nutrient content. Urdinkel contains many amino acids, minerals and vitamins.
3. Good digestibility.
In general, many of the old crops such as emmer, einkorn, urroggen and Urdinkel are undemanding and therefore require little fertilizer and pesticides. This means that these old varieties can be cultivated more sustainably. And they are really tasty too. I mean, this banana bread is the best example! : D
If you want to know more about Urdinkel and Co. now, check out the Initiative Urgetreide . The initiative has committed itself to the ancient grain and shares for example Facebook and Instagram a lot of interesting facts and great recipes around the old varieties , So, jump over here!
Ok, now that you know how awesome ancient grains are, you can start baking.
Banana bread without sugar is:
- Wonderfully juicy.
- Banana and cinnamon.
- Nutty through the Urdinkel.
- The perfect “quick bake” recipe.
You tried this recipe? Then let me know! Comment, rate and do not forget to tag your photo on Instagram with #kochkarussell . Thank you, dear ones!
Super simple, juicy banana bread without sugar
1 [ 15 Min.
very ripe bananas
TL baking powder
TL vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Oven on Preheat 180 degrees upper-lower heat. Lay out a box tin with baking paper.
For the dough, crush 3 bananas with a fork to create a mush. Stir in a bowl of olive oil and honey with a whisk. Add all remaining ingredients to the rest of the banana in the bowl and mix to a creamy dough.
Tilt the banana bread dough into the box mold. Peel last banana, halve lengthwise and place on dough. In addition, sprinkle with diced flakes and a little cinnamon to taste.
Bake banana bread in the oven for about 60 minutes until a wooden stick comes out of the cake cleanly. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes, then cut open and enjoy.
If you have solid honey, you can melt it and then let it cool for a short time. If you like it very sweet, I would take a little more honey and adjust the baking time accordingly. The banana bread is great with nuts, Schokodrops and Co. pimpen. All you have to do is adjust the baking time a little bit upwards.
This promotional mail was created in cooperation with Initiative Urgetreide . Many thanks to Initiative Urgetreide for the delicious cooperation.