The lemon coconut cake with lemony creme fraiche topping is deliciously juicy, lemony and packed with grated coconut and lemon juice. So easy and so good!
So that we have the same clarified: Try this cake!
Seriously. Schedule him right now for the weekend. Or for the next coffee gossip with sweet pleasures. Or you do it today, because you’ve more than earned it. ?
What we are talking about here:
- Juicy lemon cake, packed with grated coconut, lemon juice and lemon. Obendruff’s taste is refreshing-lemony cream fraiche topping from 3 ingredients.
- NO fat included.
- The ingredients are all in the pantry.
Ready? Let’s do this!
There are a few things that I particularly love about this cake.
1. The ingredients. We are talking here of nothing but classics from the pantry. Flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar. In addition a few organic lemons, grated coconut, applesauce and creme fraiche and we have all the ingredients together.
2. No fat. Yes baby! We come out as without the juicy carrot cake and the unbelievably cinnamon apple pie without any fat. For this we use our secret weapon – applesauce! This makes the cake wonderful juicy, goes well on is still much easier. Tricky us I would say.
3. The taste. I’ll just say: Juicy lemon cake, packed with grated coconut, lemon juice and lemon zest. Wonderfully fresh, lemony and coconut-like and already the absolute blast. Add to that the refreshing lemony crème fraiche topping (for which you just have to mix crème fraîche, lemon rind and a miniblisic sugar, I know you’re tired of thinking about complicated topping, but do not fret, we’ll do it easy.).
Oh yes, the combination of gorgeous juicy lemon and coconut cake and the refreshing creme fraiche obendruff is simply world class. That’s right, it’s just that cake, it’s just good!
And if that were not enough, the recipe is super easy too. The basis for this I have discovered in the favorite Mara of Maras Wonderland and modified only a little to my taste.
Lemon and coconut cake – how it works
For the cake, you first mix all the dry ingredients. Then you separate the eggs and stir the yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar. Now you stir first applesauce and lemon juice and -abrieb and then the flour mixture. Finally, beat the egg whites stiffly and lift it carefully under the dough. Then the whole may already in a greased box shape in the oven. For the lemon crème fraiche, you mix creme fraiche, lemon rind and a little sugar just before the end of the baking time. The arbor is ready.
By the way. The lemon coconut cake with lemony creme fraiche topping was here twice in the last week and I could of course now say that we have plastered TWO cakes within seven days only for recipe testing purposes. But that’s not true, he was just too good not to bake him again. And to enjoy. Mhhhmmm.
I hope you will love this recipe!
Lemon Coconut Cake with Lemony Creme Fraiche topping is:
- Super Simple.
- Lemon and coconut.
- Significantly lighter with applesauce instead of fat.
- Always the hit.
You tried this recipe? Then let me know! Comment, rate and do not forget to tag your photo on Instagram with #kochkarussell . Thank you, dear ones!
Lemon coconut cake with lemony creme fraiche topping
The lemon coconut cake with lemony creme fraiche topping is glorious juicy, lemony and coconut. So delicious!
Portions : 12 Pieces
Calories per serving : 224 kcal
Juice and Abrasion
- Sugar to taste
[ 19459001] Grease a tin box and preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
Mix flour, baking powder and grated coconut in a bowl.
Separate eggs. Beat the egg yolk, sugar and vanilla sugar in a second bowl. Mix apple sauce and juice and attrition of 1 1/2 lemons. Add the flour mixture and mix. Beat the egg whites until stiff and lift gently under the dough. Pour dough into the tin and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes until the cake is cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool.
While the cake is cooling, mix creme fraiche, remaining lemon grates and a little sugar. Distribute on the cooled cake and top with coconut chips to taste.
The cake tastes mega without topping and can be transported even better.
Packed in an airtight box, it keeps wonderfully in the fridge for a few days.