Tomatoes, basil and mozzarella – definitely the perfect combination, right?
Ohhh yes, we understand each other.
But do you know what’s even tastier? If you treat the whole thing a decent portion of pesto. And pasta. Because pasta just makes EVERYTHING better.
May I introduce: 20-minute Caprese Pasta Salad !
At the moment, I could only eat noodle salad. OK. Pasta salad and ice cream, but we’ll come back on Sunday.
For me, pasta salad is the perfect option if it’s too hot outside for a hot meal (yes, yaaa, we’re really spoiled in the north right now) and I still do not want to give up my portion of pasta.
Pasta salad is finally cold, deliciously refreshing and genuine soulfood. The ingredients for the 20-minute Caprese Pasta Salad are super simple:
- Pasta . Pasta salad without noodles would be pretty stupid after all! It is best to choose Fussili, as they perfectly absorb the pesto by their shape.
- Pesto. With the green pesto you are spoiled for choice. You can either make the creamy sauce yourself , or you can rely on a delicious shop. Pssst, I also turn off and on.
- Tomatoes. Finally, there are aromatic, local tomatoes again! I chose small cherry tomatoes this time around, but the big ones fit as well.
- Mozzarella . Little sweet mozzarella beads for president.
- Basil. The spice tastes like Bella Italia and gives your noodle salad the last kick.
I hope you will love this pasta salad!
The 20-minute Caprese Pasta Salad is:
- Made fast.
- Packed with spicy pesto, crisp tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Perfect to prepare.
- Great for picnics and barbecues.
You tried this recipe? Then let me know! Comment, rate and do not forget to tag your photo on Instagram with #kochkarussell . Thank you, dear ones!
Pimp your Pasta Salad
Of course you can pimp the 20-minute Caprese Pasta Salad to your taste. How about dried tomatoes, peppers, rucola or feta, for example? Also roasted pine nuts, sunflower seeds or nuts fit perfectly. Certainly extra tasty: red pesto!
Fast, refreshing and really tasty – the 20-minute Caprese Pasta Salad is the star at every picnic. Be sure to try!
20-minute pasta salad with pesto, tomato and mozzarella
Portions : 4
calories per serving : 679 kcal
Handful of Basil
bought or homemade
Pasta cook according to the packing instructions al dente and allow to cool.
In the meantime, wash and halve the tomatoes. Drain mozzarella. Wash basil, shake dry and cut into strips.
Mix the slightly cooled pasta with the pesto. Stir in tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
More Pastaglick? How about 20-minute Tzatziki Pasta Salad ! Also wonderfully summery are the Pasta with Sage, Dried Tomatoes and Feta and the Delicious Zucchini Spaghetti .
Naaaa, where are the pasta salad fans?